Monday, June 8, 2009

msvcr71.dll not found, reinstalling application may solve this problem

Problem Description:
I got 'msvcr71.dll not found, reinstalling application may solve this problem' error while installing webMethods on windows 2003 R2 server.
After completing installation of webMethods on this server I configured it for SAP Adapter and wmDB.
But when I started webMethods, while starting SAP Adapter service, this error popup message is thrown twice.
This popup was suggesting for reinstallation of webMethods due to improper installation.
wmSAP package was partially loaded.
I tried twice to reinstall webMethods but each time it was not deleting all files from c:\webmethods7\ directory.


SOLUTION:
May be due to some registry entries this problem was occurring again and again.
What I did, I uninstalled webMethods. Then from c: drive I deleted webmethods7 directory and its contains.
After this I simply restarted server physically.
Again installed webMethods and checked for msvcr71.dll in system 32 folder.
It was there!
My webMethods server is now working properly.

No comments:

Post a Comment